|Inclusive Excellence Submission for|
the College of Business Dean's Office
Building on previous years' accomplishments, the Dean and staff had these goals:
1. Provide opportunities for CBA staff to become better acquainted with Inclusive Excellence. All CBA meeting before the fall semester began included a discussion by the Dean, and a presentation about IE from Barbara Stewart, IE administrative team. Encouraged participation in PIE day. Carmen Wilson, updated the CBA department chairs on IE initiatives and goals at a meeting in October.
2. Coordinate efforts to retain students of color. CBA is in its 10th year of mentoring business freshmen of color; 15 faculty advisors are mentoring 18 freshmen of color this fall. They have invited their mentees to attend PIE day in September, and meet them at the CBA freshmen social in early October.
3. Host opportunities for staff regarding cultural competency. The CBA is hosting its semi-annual multicultural lunch discussion Dec. 16; topic is disability issues and presenters represent the DRS office and SAPA students.
4. All Dean's staff attend at least one new IE related event each semester.
5. Dean's staff participate in IE training modules as they become available.
|Click here to enter unit goals or accomplishments.|