.

SNAME Chesapeake Section Executive Committee

.

Action Items

.

Date AssignedDescriptionAssignee(s)Date Due (if any)Status

.

6/10/2008Contact Fred Goldfarb re: password and access for ftp siteJane LouieClosed

.

6/10/2008Contact Jennifer Lin regarding position of Young Professionals LiaisonJane Louie, Jaideep SirkarClosed

.

6/10/2008Provide "Web 2.0" features video to WebmasterJaideep SirkarClosed

.

6/10/2008Relay budget spreadsheets from outgoing to incoming TreasurerBo Williams, Billl Petersnext Exec. Comm. SessionClosed

.

6/10/2008Transfer account signatures, etc. to incoming TreasurerPaul Clarke, Bill Petersnext Exec. Comm SessionClosed

.

6/10/2008Investigate Student Support Policy Options, including new policies at Virginia TechChris Bassler, Bill Mish, Bill CowardinClosed

.

6/10/2008Contact Jennifer Lin regarding position of Young Professionals LiaisonJane Louie, Jaideep SirkarClosed

.

6/10/2008Review "Web 2.0" features for website with Mr. Weingart, develop demonstrationJane LouieClosed

.

6/10/2008Relay budget spreadsheets from outgoing to incoming TreasurerBo Williams, Bill Petersnext Exec. Comm. SessionClosed

.

6/10/2008Transfer account signatures, etc. to incoming TreasurerPaul Clarke, Bill Petersnext Exec. Comm SessionClosed

.

6/10/2008Sift and sort ideas for Technical Sessions, report to Executive CommitteeBill Peters, Chris Barrynext Exec. Comm SessionClosed

.

6/10/2008Investigate Student Support Policy Options, including new policies at Virginia TechChris Bassler, Bill Mish, Bill CowardinClosed

.

6/10/2008Review "Web 2.0" features for website with Mr. Weingart, develop demonstrationJane LouieClosed

.

9/18/2008Post updated meeting schedule to websiteJane LouieClosed

.

9/18/2008Budget UpdateBill PetersClosed

.

9/18/2008Send updated budget to committeeJaideep SirkarClosed

.

9/18/2008Report on Young Professionals activities to National YP ChairJen LinClosed

.

9/18/2008Contact Drew Wilson regarding T&R Liaison positionPaul CojeenClosed

.

9/18/2008Budget UpdateBill PetersClosed

.

9/18/2008Send updated budget to committeeJaideep SirkarClosed

.

9/18/2008Report on Young Professionals activities to National YP ChairJen LinClosed

.

9/18/2008Contact Drew Wilson regarding T&R Liaison positionPaul CojeenClosed

.

4/21/2009Report on Status of monies from CE coursesBill PetersClosed

.

4/21/2009Contact Paul Clarke regarding DCCEASJane LouieClosed

.

4/21/2009Send out Student / YP Policy Documents to EC for reviewDan Eling and Jane LoiueClosed

.

8/26/2009Re-draft Student Support Policy in accordance with Executive Committee directionPaul Miller and Paul CojeenClosed

.

8/26/2009Review fundraising solicitation list and company POCsAll Executive Committee membersClosed

.

8/26/2009Re-draft Student Support Policy in accordance with Executive Committee directionPaul Miller and Paul CojeenClosed

.

8/26/2009Review fundraising solicitation list and company POCsAll Executive Committee membersClosed

.

9/29/2009Split Action Item list into two sheets, Open and ClosedDan Elingnext Exec. Comm SessionClosed

.

9/29/2009Print solicitation letters for Chair's signatureDan Elingnext Exec. Comm SessionClosed

.

9/29/2009Post bullet points of CSYS discussion to section websiteDavid HelgersonClosed

.

11/19/2009Add link on website calendar to instructions on how to add calendar to Outlook, etc.Jen LinClosed

.

11/19/2009Write up new Student & Young Professional Meeting PolicyDan ElingClosed

.

11/19/2009Send out notice to members re: upcoming seminarsJen LinClosed

.

4/21/2009Invite DCCEAS representative to give brief presentation at SNAME tech sessionDave HelgersonClosed

.

8/26/2009Draft email to CSYS to clarify relationship to Chesapeake SectionBill Peters and Dave HelgersonClosed

.

9/29/2009Review list of candidate papers for '09-'10 seasonAll E.C. membersnext Exec. Comm SessionClosed

.

1/20/2010Update eGroup document re: Meeting fee policyDan ElingClosed

.

1/20/2010Create screensaver slideshow including CPBS ad, thank you to donors, etc.Jen LinClosed

.

1/20/2010Update website's "thanks to our donors" pageJen LinClosed

.

1/20/2010Create Chairman's Message including thank-you to donorsDave HelgersonClosed

.

1/20/2010Research PayPal and other online payment systems for discussion at future EC meetingsBill PetersClosed

.

1/20/2010Disburse student support fundsBill PetersClosed

.

6/10/2008Discuss Continuing Eduction credit hours with Alan RowenBill PetersClosed

.

6/10/2008Sift and sort ideas for Technical Sessions, report to Executive CommitteeBill Peters, Chris Barrynext EC sessionClosed

.

9/29/2009Draft meeting price point system based on '08-'09 income and expensesBill PetersClosed

.

1/20/2010Investigate student member pricing for new PNA Vol. 1 replacement textDave Helgerson & Paul CojeenClosed

.

3/3/2010Set up online payments for April Technical SessionBill Peters & Jen LinAprilClosed

.

3/3/2010Review Awards list and look for suggestions for nominationsAll EC membersEnd of Week (3/5/10)Closed

.

3/3/2010Coordinate May technical session detailsJen Lin & Chris BarryClosed

.

3/3/2010Speak with Patrick Little and Norbert Doerry concerning becoming Acting Elected Members until next election (and then standing for office)Alex Landsburg & Jaideep SirkarClosed

.

3/3/2010Find nominee for SecretaryJane LouieClosed

.

3/3/2010Order case of tumblers and mugs for gifts, receipt to Bill PetersDave HelgersonClosed

.

4/14/2010Update officer roster on WebsiteJen LinClosed

.

4/14/2010Post Amended MinutesEling, LinClosed

.

4/14/2010Re-report meetings, other data for Super Section qualificationBarryClosed

.

4/14/2010Fill in other "boxes" for Super SectionHelgersonClosed

.

4/14/2010Update eGroup list with current EC membershipHelgersonClosed

.

3/3/2010Contact National regarding funds from last year's coursesBill GarzkeClosed

.

5/26/2010Provide budget details for AuditPetersClosed

.

3/3/2010Find candidates for corrosion "mini-symposium" chairAl EC membersnext EC sessionClosed

.

4/14/2010Track Award nomination process, seek supplemental materials for our nomineesDespirito, Cojeen waiting on response from nationalClosed

.

8/11/2010Pay outstanding honorarium for course creationPeters, GarzkeClosed

.

8/11/2010Update Student Section & YP Support policy to reflect increased funding from NationalLinClosed

.

8/16/2010Set-up a laptop with website demos at each SNAME meetingRomanoClosed

.

8/16/2010Provide final course costs to exec after annual SNAME meetingGarzkeClosed

.

1/13/2011Write the meeting price policy into the bylawsPaul CojeenClosed

.

1/13/2011Ensure that the SNAME announcements are being cross-posted to ASNE membersRoss WiltshireClosed

.

1/13/2011Recruit possible participants for the Naval Architecture for the Marine Professional classALL EC membersClosed

.

1/13/2011Speak to DC charter schools to see if there is any interest for attending the symposium presented in part by the Marine Forensics PanelJane LouieClosed

.

1/13/2011Send the call for papers notice for the Marine Forensics Symposium to Jennifer LinBill GarzkeClosed

.

1/13/2011Send student information to Jane LouieBill GarzkeClosed

.

4/20/2011Cojeen will go to Hampton Roads to talk about propeller and shaftingPaul CojeenClosed

.

4/20/2011Look for a new chair for the Power Boat SymposiumDan Eling will talk to David about getting Tim Lynch to chairClosed

.

4/20/2011Marine Technology Society MOU, provide input for HQPaul CojeenClosed

.

4/20/2011Put line item in budget for $750 under education for SeaPerchBill PetersClosed

.

4/20/2011Ask ASNE if we can have our elections at their meetingJackie DespiritoClosed

.

4/20/2011Sarah Wickenheiser will given John Avis treasurer informationSarah WickenheiserClosed

.

4/20/2011Jen will call Alana at HQ about giftsJen LouieClosed

.

4/20/2011Dan Eling will talk to Chris Down about the format and length of future student paper nightsDan ElingClosed

.

4/14/2010Find Section Chair Pins, supply to Vice Chair, distribute pins to former chairs, buy more (as many as necessary for bulk)DeSpirito to call about pinsClosed

.

4/20/2011Paul Miller will talk to Bill Peters about money available for reinstating student book support Paul MillerClosed

.

4/20/2011Add Jaideep as the awards chair, delete online ambassadorJackie DeSpiritoClosed

.

5/18/2011Post list of officials on website.Jackie give list to Jen Lin.Closed

.

5/18/2011Dan Eling will have Jen Lin post June meeting information in the least confusing was possibleDan Eling / Jen LinClosed

.

5/18/2011Jackie DeSpirito will ask Jen Lin is she has the certificate ready for the May 23, 2011 meetingJackie DeSpiritoClosed

.

4/20/2011Make the Power Boat Symposium sponsored by the SE and Chesapeake sectionDan Eling (John Hoyt and Martin Dippold)Closed

.

4/20/2011Ask Dave Helgerson if he has someone in mind for the Education Committee Chair.Sarah WickenheiserClosed

.

5/18/2011Order more pinsJackie DeSpiritoClosed

.

5/18/2011Jonathan Slutsky will work with Jen Lin about costing out the July meetingJonathan SlutskyClosed

.

5/18/2011Chesapeake section budget calls for $4000 to go to the student section. We currently still have $3500 left undistributed. The Naval Academy has approximately 35 students. A donation of $85/person was discussed to cover half the cost of SHIP DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION for the plebes becoming third class. This will total $2975. Dan Eling will track down VT's needs.Dan ElingClosed

.

5/18/2011Dan Eling will talk to Bill Peters about funds being available to temporarily loan to the Power Boat symposium to cover the deposit for St. John's should the need arise. Dan ElingClosed

.

6/22/2011Jonathan Slutsky will post the tentative meeting schedule on the website.Jonathan SlutskyClosed

.

6/22/2011Dan Eling will arrange the August 22 changeover meetingDan ElingClosed

.

4/20/2011Dan Eling will talk to Ben about being publicity chairDan Eling and Ben TestermanClosed

.

4/20/2011Jackie DeSprito to email recruiting awards winners before July MeetingJackie DeSpiritoClosed

.

5/18/2011Somewhere there is a student support formula at national that mirrors our formula. Find out status from Alana.Bill PetersClosed

.

6/22/2011Dan Eling will speak with VT and USNA about the particulars of the student paper night (limiting time). Dan ElingJanuary 2012Closed

.

9/21/2011Investigate October lunch meetingJonathan SlutskyClosed

.

9/21/2011Give contact information to Jonathan about a presentation from SeaPortDave HelgersonClosed

.

9/21/2011Ask USNA about how much they will need for the annual meetingJeff StettlerClosed

.

9/21/2011Speak at October meeting to drum up interest or find someone elseDave HelgersonClosed

.

9/21/2011Pass Footy Regata info on to VT and USNADan Eling, Paul Cojeen and Jeff StettlerClosed

.

9/21/2011Create a simple flier for the next meetingPete McCauley will create and EC will distributeClosed

.

12/2/2011One last email to top recruitersJackie DeSpiritoNext EC meetingClosed

.

12/2/2011Email SNAME HQ about nailing down delivery of section fundsDan ElingBefore next HQ/section meetingClosed

.

12/2/2011Dan Eling shall remind SNAME HQ about the first half of the year funding. Dan ElingNext EC meetingClosed

.

12/2/2011Send Jane Louie email information to be added to the Chesapeake EC eGroupAll new EC membersJanuary 1, 2012Closed

.

9/21/2011Make sure ASNE is passing out our announcementsJen LinClosed

.

3/3/2010Research membership, meetings held, etc. to support possible reclama for additional funds from NationalJen Lin waiting on response from nationalClosed

.

9/21/2011Brainstorm for ideas YP chair, treasurer, meetings, and webmaster.EC membersClosed

.

12/2/2011Prepare solicitation lettersJane LouieClosed

.

12/2/2011Distribute URL of new sailing technology magazine to EC eGroupJane LouieClosed

.

1/31/2012Testerman to contact Bill Peters to begin learning Treasurer duties.Ben TestermanApril MeetingClosed

.

1/31/2012All EC Members review solicitation letter posted by Jane Louie. Contact Jane if you are best P.O.C. for addresseeEC membersApril MeetingClosed

.

1/31/2012All EC Members review Unpaid Dues list and indicate contacts who may be easy for you to contact. Dan P.O.C. EC membersApril MeetingClosed

.

1/31/2012Look into potential for Long Distance Voyaging PresentationDave HelgersonClosed

.

12/2/2011Check availability of Severn Sailing Association for June meetingJen LinNext EC meetingClosed

.

1/31/2012Jen to contact Rob Barra for interest in Webmaster positionJen LinApril MeetingClosed

.

4/25/2012Jonathan Slutsky will include Peter McCauley on emailsJonathan SlutskyOngoingClosed

.

4/25/2012Peter McCauley will build upon National’s use of social networking to advertize Section activitiesPeter McCauleyNext EC meetingClosed

.

4/25/2012EC members to help brainstorm meeting ideas and send suggestions to Jonathan SlutskyEC membersNext EC meetingClosed

.

4/14/2010Review outline, individual officer sections for Standard Practice & Procedure documentALL EC members Jackie assigns sections - Jonathan, Jen7/15/2011Closed

.

1/31/2012Bill Garzke or Justin Klag to contact Scott Staron at CSC about teaching Human FactorsBill Garzke or Justin KlagApril MeetingClosed

.

4/25/2012Bill Peters will transfer treasuer duties to Ben TestermanBen TestermanNext EC meetingClosed

.

11/5/2012Sarah Wickenheiser will email action items prior to next meeting.Sarah Wickenheiser1/8/2013Closed

.

11/5/2012Ben Testerman will offer webmaster position to the two YP that expressed interested in the YP chair position. EC members will also help think of other YP chair candidates. Ben Testerman1/15/2013Closed

.

11/5/2012Dave Helgerson will give Justin Klag contact information for Scott StaronDave Helgerson1/15/2013Closed

.

11/5/2012Jane Louie will add student section finding discuss student section funding for next year to the next EC meeting agenda.Jane Louie1/15/2013Closed

.

11/5/2012Bill Peters will post an amended budget.Bill Peters11/13/2012Closed

.

11/5/2012EC will review the amended budget.EC members1/15/2013Closed

.

11/5/2012Jen Lin will check the EC roster to make sure that we are all on it. Jen Lin1/15/2013Closed

.

11/5/2012Bill Peters will check when budgets are due to make sure that an interim meeting prior to January meeting is not necessary. Bill Peters12/1/2012void

.

11/5/2012Jen Lin to update the website with 2012-2013 exec committeeJen Lin12/1/2012Closed

.

11/5/2012Jen Lin to update available exec comm positions on the websiteJen Lin12/1/2012Closed

.

4/16/2013Justin Klag to contact Scott Staron about a HSI education courseClosed

.

4/16/2013Treasurer to send $250 and up to 50% of SSRF to reimburse Virginia Tech travel expenses incurred to attend the SNAME Annual Meeting.Closed

.

4/25/2012Bill Peters to contact National to give his input on budget templateBill PetersNext EC meetingClose

.

4/16/2013Webmaster to update the website for the positionsSamantha Lee6/11/2013Close

.

4/16/2013Bill Garzke to call Dave Helgerson and discuss path forward, ID books, and verify numberBill Garzke6/11/2013Close

.

4/16/2013Chesapeake Section members have all received link for voting for officers and are reminded to voteAll EC membersClose

.

4/16/2013Samantha Lee to put a placeholder on Section calendar for Student Paper NightSamantha LeeAs soon as possibleClose

.

4/16/2013Ted Dickenson will speak to Andy Rolle (ASNE) to make sure that the students do not go over the defined time limitTed DickensonAs soon as possibleClose

.

6/11/2013Samantha Lee to remove address to take books to Dave Helgerson from website.Samantha LeeAs soon as possibleClosed

.

4/25/2012EC shall review the solicitation letter and voteEC members12/1/2012Closed

.

4/16/2013Review individual officer sections for Standard Practice & Procedure documentJane LouieClosed

.

6/11/2013EC members shall provide comments on papers to Paul Cojeen for discussion with authorEC membersAs soon as possibleClosed

.

6/11/2013EC members to provide suggestion for potential building lease locations to Dave HelgersonEC membersAs soon as possibleClosed

.

4/16/2013Ben Testerman will contact the NY Met about using National’s reservation system for meetings. Ben TestermanClosed

.

4/16/2013Bill Peters to review, update, and post the Solicitation letter version from 4 years ago (Dave Helgerson authored). Bill PetersClosed

.

6/11/2013Dave Helgerson to draft letter or outline of book fair or book swap for annual student papers nightDave HelgersonClosed

.

11/20/2013Dave Helgerson will seek out feedback from the MARAD conference.Dave HelgersonEC meeting after MARAD 1/2013 meetingClosed

.

11/20/2013Paul Cojeen with contact Andrew Kendrick to see if he could make a presentation about ice technology developments.Paul CojeenClosed

.

11/20/2013Nathan Hagan try to make the December YP meeting the SNAME HQ Holiday Party.Nathan HaganAs soon as possibleClosed

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.