Probation and Dismissal Quiz
Thank you for taking the time to review the material in the Probation Presentation. In order to clear the block on your registration materials, we need to ask you a few questions to insure that you are familiar with the content.
1) Last Name
2) First Name
3) Student ID Number
4) True or False: The college is required by state law to monitor student academic performance by tracking grade point average and course completion rates each semester
5) What is the minimum grade point average required to avoid Academic Probation and to be considered "in good standing"?
3.0 = B
2.5 = C+
2.0 = C
1.5 = D+
1.0 = D
6) What is the simplest and most effective strategy to quickly raise your grade point average?
Taking new classes that look more interesting than the ones you did poorly in before
Taking more units
Repeat courses for which you have substandard grades (D or F)
Talk to your friends to find out who the easy teachers are
7) To avoid Progress Probation, what percentage of your enrolled units must you complete each semester?
more than 50%
8) What is a good strategy to recover from Probation due to excessive withdrawals?
Evaluate your time commitments and consider cutting back on units (taking 2 or 3 classes, instead of 4 or 5)
Be aware of drop deadlines (to drop without being assigned a W notation)
Work with a counselor on dealing with balancing family and school responsibilities
Seek tutoring and other support services to help with academic difficulties
All of the above
9) Identify three changes you plan to make to improve your academic status?
Repeat classes for which you have substandard grades (D or F)
Take fewer units/classes each term
Cut back on work hours or famiy commitments
Talk to teachers after class or during office hours if struggling
See a counselor to discuss balance of work/family and school
Seek tutoring and other academic support services early in the seemester (before a crisis)
See a counselor to discuss educational goals
10) Any other comments?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Terms of Service