2011 Solar Fiesta! Building a Sustainable Lifestyle, August 27, 28, @ Albuquerque Academy; Call for Speakers - Due July 5, 2010
The 2011 Solar Fiesta! shines a light on the broad picture of sustainability with a base coat of Solar: passive solar heating and cooling, photovoltaics, as well as every other detail in our lifestyles we can change to make them more sustainable. Since our mission is to promote clean, renewable energy and sustainability in New Mexico through education, empowerment, collaboration and advocacy, we will need everyone to participate and share their expertise!
In our focus, the demand for techniques related to passive solar home and commercial building has increased recently. New Mexico boasts more award winning solar architects than any other state in the U.S.! We are trying to gather them to discuss methods of designing and retrofitting homes which are self-lighting, heating AND COOLING. Not to mention water-wise. A special track on Sunday will highlight the cutting edge research and development being done by universities and laboratories here in NM. The Fiesta will also include panel discussions on sustainability, women in solar and culminate with the future of distributed generation and renewable energy credits. As a solar professional or enthusiast, you may have a unique perspective on renewable energy, energy efficiency and/or sustainability.
Would you consider sharing your expertise by participating in the 2011 Solar Fiesta! Workshop Series? If you would, here’s what you need to know:
1. Presentations: There are three types of presentations:
* Workshops (45 minute presentation to the general public)
*Technical Sessions (20-minute presentation to industry peers and technically-minded)
* Panel discussions (2-hour discussion with 4 to 8 panelists)
2. Submission deadline: Midnight on July 5th.
3. Selections: In mid-July, the Workshop Coordinator and Fiesta Committee will review and select topics/presenters. Selection criteria are based not only on the individual submissions, but also on developing a balanced and relevant workshop series overall.
4. Notifications: via email mid-July.
5. Presentations Due: To avoid audiovisual equipment issues and delays, speakers with electronic presentations, not bringing their own equipment, will be asked to email an electronic version of their presentation to the Workshop Coordinator by August 10th so that we can pre-load all presentations onto our audiovisual equipment prior to the Fiesta.