"What is Your Library Doing about Emerging Technologies?" --- Call for Participation to ALA Annual at Washington D.C.
ALA LITA Emerging Technologies Interests Group(ETIG) is seeking participants to a panel discussion - "What are your libraries doing about emerging technologies" at ALA Annual 2010 at Washington D.C. We are particularly interested in identifying librarians, library administrators, and technology experts who can contribute to the following (but not limited) topics:
• What do we mean when we say "emerging technologies"?
• What motivates libraries and administrators to create a new position for "emerging technologies"?
• What are the daily tasks performed or projects achieved by (emerging) technology librarians at your libraries?
• What are the challenges for emerging technologies for libraries? (From both a manager's, a librarian's, or a technologist's perspective )
• How do you evaluate, implement and adopt emerging technologies?
• What should libraries be doing about emerging technologies?
If you have any questions, you can contact either Bohyun Kim (email@example.com) or Jacquelyn Erdman(ERDMANJ@ecu.edu).
The deadline is Thursday, April, 1.