As part of X-Lab, Eyebeam Resident Tahir Hemphill has organized a Rap Research Group. The group - made up of enthusiasts, historians, creative technologists, cultural critics, linguists, teachers, MC's and academics - will meet to discuss various topics: quantifying art & metaphor, data visualization, internal / external cultural analysis, gaming, curriculum design and more.
The Research Group will meet every other Wednesday at 7PM beginning December 1.
• December 1: Masculinity. Sam Han - On the Looming Crisis of Masculinity in Hip Hop…and why it’s a good thing [http://is.gd/h5u8V]
• December 15: Religion. Reverend Sekou - Is Hip-Hop Just a Euphemism for a New Religion?
• January 5: Migratory Aestheitics. Zuhirah Khaldun - The Blueprint: A Working Model for International Hip-Hop
• January 19: Cultural Analysis. Tahir Hemphill - The (Im)possibility of Quantifying Art & Metaphor in Rap
• January 26: Feminism. TBD
? Questions ? Contact Eyebeam Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
--> Want to get in on this conversation? Fill out the form below.