Thursday, October 7th
Registration begins at 6:00 pm
Mandatory Captains’ Meeting at 6:45pm
Racing immediately follows
Registration Deadline is Tuesday October 5th at 5:00 pm
Early Registrants Can Request Sizes
Payment must be turned in to the Student Activities area of the lower level of the University Center.
LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6th AT 5:00 PM. There is a late entry fee of $10.00.
$40.00 per team. There is a late entry fee of $10.00.
Cash, Check, and UTA Department Account Numbers accepted
-Winning team in women’s division
-Winning team in Men’s division
-Winning team in Co-ed division
-Best team costume
1. Each team consists of five members.
2. There will be four pushing and one riding.
3. In the case of co-ed teams, two women and two men must push
4. All team members must be 18 years of age or older.
5. Members pushing must hold on to the bed at all times.
6. Races are conducted in timed heats against the clock with two teams running at the same time.
7. There will be one guaranteed race per team, and the top teams in each division will race to determine a winner.
8. All teams must wear approved or provided helmets. Knee and elbow pads are highly recommended. Participants will need to provide their own pads.
Your entire team will need to be present at Maverick Stadium on the evening of the event, October 7th, in time for check-in at 6 p.m. Upon check-in, all team members will need to sign a safety/liability waiver, and your team captain will need to attend a brief meeting to review the rule and procedure for the competition. Teams will not be able to race until every member has signed a waiver.
Prizes will be awarded for most spritited team (80's costume), for the fastest teams in the co-rec, women’s and men’s divisions and to the winners of the of the "80's Best Dance Crew" contest.
This year’s theme is “Bed Races Remixxx” which is centered around what was popular around the year 1980 and now since the first annual Bed Races, 30 (XXX) years ago took place in the year 1980! In addition to costumes, we encourage you to be creative and school-spirited with team names. Also, please keep names and costumes appropriate as both are subject to review by the event staff.
Thank you for participating in UTA’s 30th annual Bed Races! It is one of the oldest traditions on campus, and all entry fees will be donated to the Student Life Fund.
For more information, please call Student Activities at 817-272-2963
Or Campus Recreation at 817-272-3277
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate, please call one of the
**PLEASE SEE ENTRY FORM BELOW**