The Freshman Learning Community (FLC) exists to provide the opportunity for freshmen to enhance their academic and social experiences during their first year at Sam Houston State University. Each participant is asked to acknowledge acceptance of the following stipulations of the Freshman Learning Community.
1. I agree to provide proof, if needed, that I have satisfied the appropriate sections of TSI (Texas Success Initiative) for my chosen cohort.
2. I agree to participate in the FLC for the fall 2013 and spring 2014 semesters and to contribute positively to the program.
3. I agree to participate in advisement for fall 2013 and spring 2014 by an appointed SAM Center advisor.
4. I agree to participate in the FLC Orientation and to take all of the classes in the learning community schedule each semester.
5. I agree to participate in evaluations and/or interviews about the FLC cohorts as they are studied and observed by Sam Houston State University officials throughout the 2013-2014 academic year.
6. I agree to consult with the Program Coordinator in the Office of the First-Year Experience before making any changes to my schedule or dropping out of the FLC.